Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Gnip gnop

So I need to first say: that ping pong game is called gnip gnop. Now I feel better about that. 
Secondly, last night after everything, we were all in the girl’s building an we had an impromptu dance party in the dark. Well everyone except Alex who was already asleep. And since she was, we then proceeded to go in her room and dance while she was asleep. It was really funny. Even I (who is definitely not a dancer) thought this was fun. Dancing ballet to the Biebs’ “Down to Earth” is always fun. 
Today’s schedule was similar to the rest of the week. Our language class today was a little like yesterday except this time I was tired because of staying up later the night before. We learned more about saying things we like, etc. Coffee and tea in Gaelic are pronounced “coffee” and “tea.” Too bad I will never want to order that ever so the easy words are wasted on me. I just need to know how to say water and will be fine. Water is pronounced “ooshka.” 
Team time was a bunch of games again. This afternoon, John talked to us about storying again and also about dealing with children in the UK. There is so much different here that I would never even think about. It’s crazy. During free time, a lot of people took naps because today we were allowed to take them for the first time since being here (because of jet lag). Molly and I sat outside and went through a bunch of Disney songs and had some Disney moments. It was a good substitute for a nap. 
Dinner tonight was quite American. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, and what John called “special squash.” First let me say, “squash” here is like a juice. It’s orange or blackcurrant. I don’t really like the orange but the other is okay. They are both not as good as juice in the US to me so I haven’t drank a lot of it. Anyway, our “special squash” was code for soda. So we had coke tonight. Then ice cream for dessert. Very good.
At dinner, we had  a special guest, Rhys, the pastor of the Welsh church we visited Sunday. He is not very old, maybe like mid 20s. He talked to us about Wales and the culture here after dinner. 
Tonight we also had another storying session thing. This time, we spent part of it going over the crucifixion story and making our own storyboards of the story. This is a method in learning to recite a story. It was hard because there is not a way to draw out every line of a story. This resulted in me frantically drawing planes with a man in it for Pilate, and crowns for kings, and palm trees for paradise. Fun times.
Internet hour is over. Until next Internet hour...

No comments:

Post a Comment