Saturday, June 11, 2011

The journey begins!

And so it begins. As I get access to internet, I will try to post entries here as much as I can to keep everyone updated. Just an overview - for the next month, I'll be serving as a summer missionary with the Celtic Languages Teams (http://www.thecelt.org/wp/), an organization that seeks out the people groups in western Europe that are still a part of the Celtic culture and share Christ's love with them. I'm on a videography/photography team that will be in the Outer Hebrides in northwest Scotland. As far as I know, our goal will be to capture the stories of the people there and use that as a means to minister to them.

Today, (well yesterday) I flew out of Birmingham to Atlanta at 3pm. Well, we didn't actually take off until 4 something because of a thunderstorm delay. I decided I could have driven to Atlanta faster than it took to get there by plane. That's flying for you though. Anyway, I got to ATL around 5:50 local time, then boarded my flight to Manchester. Long flight, but it went fast. I sat next to a girl going to Scotland and Paris. She was nice. We landed in Manchester about 9:30? I can't exactly remember or know what time zones are what. It's confusing. Today will be a "dead day" because of jet lag so I see it being very tiring just because I want to go to sleep really bad right now. Actually I think we are going to sightsee at a castle. Not sure which one...

We are having an orientation week before the teams go their separate ways. I'm sure I will know a lot more details about the upcoming weeks soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment