Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Toilet bowl tag


Tuesday, June 14. So I’ll recap yesterday for you now because yesterday I couldn’t really get online to blog. See, we are allowed an internet hour from 9-10pm here so naturally we are all on it at that time eating up all the good internet. I could barely open Facebook for a little while so yeah...this is why you get it today.
So what did Tuesday, June 14 in Wales consist of for me? Some of the same stuff as Monday. Breakfast, worship time, discussion groups, another Gaelic class. Today in Gaelic we continued on with our video series/workbooks. I don’t think I mentioned that about Monday actually. We are going through a “Speaking our Language” series so that’s what is actually teaching us the pronunciations and such. It’s a really helpful thing and it’s very funny because it acts out different scenarios to put the phrases to use we are learning. One scene was at a bank where a woman was writing a check and she dated it 1993. That can tell you a lot what this video looks like. The fashion is wonderful. AND THE HAIR. Even in Scotland, they had a 90s look. Language-wise today was a little harder for me for some reason. I knew the old stuff from Monday pretty well, but learning anything new wasn’t sticking for some reason. I’ll get it though.
The afternoon consisted of an hour of team time. We played a bunch of variations of tag and other little games. My favorite was toilet bowl tag. When you got tagged you had to kneel on one leg and put our arm out for another person to come by and sit and flush it. It was a funny sight to see all of us doing that.
Our first video/photo session was today. It was more of a general thing, but it was good to get started thinking about it. There are 6 of us on video teams: 3 two-people teams, one going to Wales, one in Ireland, and one in Scotland of course. 
After dinner, we talked about working in schools here in the UK, in case any of us went into schools to connect with people. Following that was another Bible story thing and a prayer time. Tonight, John’s dessert to us was sopapilla. I really feel as if I am on a trip getting gourmet cuisine or something. He can really cook well. 
Oh forgot to mention, free time today consisted of a lot of ping pong playing. But it’s not normal ping pong. I don’t know the name of the game, but it’s like a lot of people can play it and the net is down on the table. You all are in a certain order to hit and you go around and try to make it hard for the person getting yours. I’m explaining it really bad so I should just stop trying. The point is, it’s really fun and we played a lot today. And not to brag or anything crazy like that, but I made the most awesome play ever. It was my turn to hit and the ball was in a really hard spot like I was turning and I thought it was impossible. But somehow I stuck the paddle under my leg while twisting and hit it back to the table. Don’t ask me how I did this. But just know it happened. Too bad there isn’t instant replay slowmo in real life.
I almost wish there was that as much as I wish there was “control-z” in real life.

2 comments:

  1. Your Uncle Jay and I are really enjoying your blogs. What an awesome opportunity for you! Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aunt Patty! I'm glad I can share!

    ReplyDelete