Sunday, July 10, 2011

Operatic thoughts

Debriefing weekend is underway!

We had a train yesterday morning to Manchester. On the train, we were sitting in 2 of the 4 seats that are around the table in the middle of the car. The ride was about 3 1/2 hours long and we spent most of it talking with the people next to us! They were from Scotland going on vacation to Greece. We swapped music and everything. The guy next to Elise is now the biggest Goo Goo Dolls fan in Scotland I think. And they bought us snacks! It was great getting to know them.

Elise and I arrived in Manchester via train yesterday around 2pm and everyone else came and picked us up. It was good to see everyone again! I will miss these people greatly. We had our team in Scotland. Tara and Phoebe in Wales. And Daniel and Sam in Ireland.

Yesterday, we had a couple of debriefing sessions and then went out for a celebration dinner. It was this Italian place and we had like the family deal or something and so they brought us the food out and we passed plates around and stuff. It was so much food and was crazy but good! 

Today, we had another session and now, we are at a mall near our hotel. This place is huge and has so many different things. Earlier there was a show going on in the food court. Just so you can see it (since I can't get you pictures now) go to the wikipedia page here. 

We're meeting John and his team here for lunch in a little bit and spending the afternoon here. There is talk of us playing laser tag later. HIMYM anyone?

I guess that's the point of debriefing, but yesterday and today has been really good to sit and process what has happened over the last month and focus on what God has done with my team and myself and get prepared for life back home. And to hear what God has done with the other teams is awesome too!

Tomorrow we part ways. My flight is out of Manchester at 10:10 local time and I'll be back in Birmingham, AL at 5:31 local time!

Oh another concert is starting in here. It's getting dramatic. Like we are in the final scene of an opera. I feel underdressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment