Friday, July 8, 2011

Mar sin leibh!

We're now back in Glasgow for the night. We had a 6am ferry from Stornoway to Ullapool. From there we travelled by bus to Glasgow. We just walked around the city a little and did some tourist shopping. I met a girl who goes to Auburn in one store! Small world!

Sunrise as we left Stornoway this morning.

Yesterday was a fun filled day as our last official day on our assignment. We got a couple interviews and other random footage. We had planned on meeting with our Gaelicaholic friend in the afternoon, but he never showed so we just had to miss out on that. Instead we went see Ronnie from the loom center. We had to talk about the Scotland flags, of course! We spent a lot of the afternoon with him and had a lot of fun. When we left, he got us to sign his guestbook. He only lets "honored" visitors sign it so we felt special! He kept saying he would never forget us! I know I won't forget him. I was so sad to leave him! 

Another thing I want to mention. I have never felt more like a stalker/creeper/whatever word you want to use, in my life than on this trip. I'll explain. As you would guess, people act different when they know a camera is around (excluding interviews). So when I tried to get "real life" on camera I found it to be very hard. Either no one was around in remote areas (like you've read in other posts) and so to get people on camera I had to quickly get them on the street. Or other times, like for example, in a restaurant, I can't just start filming people sitting at the table next to me because they would be weirded out and yeah you get the idea. So whenever I had a chance to film people it had to be in a semi undercover way that they wouldn't notice. It's harder than it looks! It means I get pictures and video like this:




Elise and I decided I am an experienced creeper now. I need a badge.

Tomorrow is more travel for us. What else is new? We have a train in the morning to Manchester. Travel prayers are appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment