Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Round and round we go.

Even though I'm not "Bethany in Scotland" anymore, I still have some thoughts about some things that I would like to share. A lot of times in previous posts, I didn't have time to go into detail about certain people, events, or whatever so if I think of things, I'll just continue on this blog.


The United Kingdom might take a bit to get used to when it comes to driving and dealing with traffic. Most everyone knows about the difference in driving on the left side of the road instead of the right. But there's more than just that.


Roundabouts. 

They are everywhere. 


Seriously.


It does cut down on the stop and go aspect of traffic lights and getting that dreaded red light, so that's a plus. It's probably way less expensive than traffic lights as well. It seems like they have figured things out when roads meet. 


The signs for upcoming roundabouts were sometimes confusing. I saw so many of these.


Ignore the place names. I couldn't find one I took so I got this somewhere online.


Another thing I noticed was in the traffic lights. There is the typical red, yellow, and green lights. Like the US of A, the lights go from green to yellow to red to indicate stopping. Unlike here, however, from red it goes back to the yellow then the green. So you have a yellow warning light before the green to go. I never got to drive there, and experience this as a driver, but I think I would LOVE it. It reminded me of drag racing and the countdown they get before they take off. I want our traffic lights in America to be like that.






We should get started changing all of them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment